Are you a Ring Donor? Click here to redeem your benefits.
Some of the options below may be part of your donor package!
PRE-ORDER RING MEALS
Across all three Cycles, the Kennedy Center will serve a special Ring "boxed meal," to include a variety of sandwiches with drink and side options. Patrons must order their food in advance for The Valkyrie, Siegfried, and Twilight of the Gods and then pick up and enjoy their meal during the first intermission of each opera. (Boxed meals are not available for The Rhinegold, which has no intermission because it is approximately half as long as the other operas.) Patrons can pre-order meals online, in person at the Kennedy Center Box Office, or by phone via InstantCharge (202-467-4600 or 800-444-1324).
Please note: Ring boxed meals are the only option for food during the Ring performances at The Kennedy Center due to limited intermission time. Please consider pre-ordering a meal if you will not be planning to eat before or after the performance.
Meal pre-orders for each opera must be received by 12:00 p.m. the business day before your performance date.
Pre-order your boxed meal online here
If you have not yet bought Ring
tickets, look for the "Add Food and Drink" link on the checkout page for your selected performances. Here, you may choose your meals and purchase them with your performance tickets at final checkout.
PLEASE READ THESE ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT NOTES BEFORE CONTINUING WITH ONLINE ORDERING:
- Account login: Once you click on the link above, you will need to log in to the account of the individual who originally purchased your tickets to the Ring. If you are unable to log on to the correct account, please call InstantCharge (202-467-4600 or 800-444-1324) to order your meals.
- Picking up meals: You can pick up your boxed meal(s) from tables stationed in front of the Opera House in the Grand Foyer during the first intermission of the opera. Ushers will be on hand to direct you to the closest pick-up area. Be sure to print the confirmation email you receive after ordering online, and bring it with you to the tables to pick up your food.
- Allow yourself enough time to eat: Food will not be allowed in the Opera House (or beyond the ticket stanchions at front of house), with the exception of bottled water. Each first intermission lasts approximately 40 minutes. We recommend that you proceed to the boxed meal tables as soon as the first intermission begins to allow you and your party enough time to pick up your order, enjoy your food in the Grand Foyer or outside on the River Terrace, and take care of any additional business before returning to the Opera House in time for the second act.
- If you change your performance tickets: Food orders are purchased for, and connected to, each performance for which you have tickets. If you purchase a boxed meal for a performance and then need to change your performance tickets afterward, please note that the order does not automatically transfer. You must contact the Kennedy Center Box Office to make sure your food order gets moved to your new date. Please call (202)-416-8540 and an agent will be happy to help you (Mon-Fri 10 am – 5 pm).
- Questions? If you have questions on-site about boxed meals the day of your performance, please visit the Concierge Desk located in the Hall of States.
- If you experience any issues while ordering meals online, please order your meals by phone via InstantCharge (202-467-4600 or 800-444-1324) or in person at the Kennedy Center Box Office.
KENNEDY CENTER DINING OPTIONS:
The Roof Terrace Restaurant & Bar serves innovative adaptations of classic dishes. Reservations are strongly recommended and can be made at (202) 416-8555 or opentable.com. Dinner hours are 5–8 p.m.* before Opera House and Concert Hall evening performances; Buffet brunch is offered most Sundays 11 a.m.–2 p.m.
*Please note earlier opening times for Roof Terrace Restaurant & Bar before certain Ring performances: at 4:30 p.m. on May 2, 4, 11, 13, 18, and 20 and at 4 p.m. on May 6.
The KC Café is a casual dining spot ideal for a quick meal on the go or pre-performance. Daily hours 11:30 a.m.–8 p.m.
Intermission Bars will feature alcoholic beverages, soft drinks, water, and light snacks. Patrons can also pre-order a drink or snack before a performance to avoid waiting in line during intermission.
More information on the Kennedy Center's Restaurants.