Knowledge Cards-'What Do You Know About Jazz?'
$10.00[Member Price: $9.00 ]
Members get 10% off - JOIN NOW
Item Number: 1011597
About this Item
Can you name the jazz musician whose primary instrument is bagpipes? Do you know who wrote the song Lullaby of Birdland? Lillie Mae Jones became a star jazz singer, though she changed her name first. Who was she? Can you list the players on the seminal jazz album Kind of Blue?
The forty-eight cards in this invigorating quiz deck feature multipart questions that reveal enough knowledge about the players, tunes, composers, and trivia of jazz to engage everyone from the aficionado to the neophyte. As an additional feature, listening suggestions for albums and CDs that relate to the subject of each card constitute an excellent library of jazz, urging you to try out some tunes you may not know or encouraging you to put on some old favorites. Sample card answer: True. She won $25, too.
You Might Also Like
- $17.00 "Mister and Lady Day" by Amy Novesky
- $10.00 A Brief History of Rock 'n' Roll by Nick Johnstone
- $20.00 Bird & Dizby Gary Golio; Illustrated by Ed Young
- $20.00 Carmen's Dance mini: A Fantasy Of Spanish Flamenco And Opera
- $12.00 Day is Doneby Peter Yarrow
- $20.00 Duke Ellington's Nutcracker Suiteby Anna Harwell Celenza
- $18.00 Goodnight Songs by Margaret Wise Brown
- $13.00 I Am Your Songwriting Journalby Danny Tieger
- $18.00 In the Wavesby Lennon & Maisy Stella
- $25.00 Lead Belly: A Life in Pictures Edited by: Tiny Robinson
- $20.00 Leonard Bernstein: American Originalby Burton Bernstein
- $45.00 Les Miserables From Stage to Screenby Benedict Nightingale
- $18.00 Marvin Makes Musicby Marvin Hamlisch
- $17.00 One Loveby Cedella Marley
- $12.00 Songs from a Journey with a Parrot by Magdeleine Lerasle
- $17.00 Swing Storiesby Karen Deans
- $25.00 The Dream Factory: Fender Custom Shopby Tom Wheeler
- $17.00 This Jazz Man by Karen Ehrhardt
- $30.00 Wagner's The Eternal RingCompiled by Nancy Ellison
- $10.00 Knowledge Cards-'What Do You Know About Opera?'
- $18.00 My First Classical Song Book