Book-'The Nutcracker Ballet'
$18.00[Member/Subscriber Price: $16.20]
Members/Subscribers get 10% off. JOIN NOW or SUBSCRIBE NOW.
Item Number: 1016944
About this Item
Many, many children know and love the Nutcracker story.
Every year, in every city, countless ballet troupes, accompanied by Tchaikovsky's thrilling music, perform this Christmas classic about a girl who helps a wooden nutcracker man defeat a nasty army of mice and winds up in the magical dreamworld of the Land of Toys.
But the ballet leaves a few questions unanswered. How did the Nutcracker and the King of Mice become such mortal enemies? And how did the Nutcracker turn into a handsome prince? Acclaimed children's author and editor Janet Schulman (The 20th Century Children's Book Treasury) adapts E.T.A Hoffman's 1816 original, faintly sinister, tale and helps answer these questions.
The lines between good and evil are drawn less sharply than in the familiar ballet, and more attention is paid to all that happens before the ultimate battle between the toys and the mice. The King of Mice, by the way, is a nightmare-inducing seven-headed fiend.
Ages 5 and older
You Might Also Like
- $19.00 101 Stories of the Great Ballets by George Balanchine
- $30.00 Balanchine: Celebrating a Life in Danceby Costas
- $85.00 Ballet: Photographs of the New York Company Ballet by Henry Leutwyler
- $20.00 Dance
- $18.00 Firebird by Misty Copeland; Illustrated by Christopher Myers
- $25.00 Holding On To The Airby Suzanne Farrell
- $20.00 How to Be a Ballerinaby Harriet Castor
- $17.00 Tallulah's Soloby Marilyn Singer
- $17.00 Tallulah's Toe Shoesby Marilyn Singer
- $17.00 CD & Book-'Little Ballerina Dancing Book'
- $10.00 Little Dancer Bookmark