BK -- Finishing The Hat by Stephen Sondheim
$45.00[Member Price: $40.50 ]
Members get 10% off - JOIN NOW
Item Number: 1021352
About this Item
Stephen Sondheim has won seven Tonys, an Academy Award, seven Grammys, a Pulitzer Prize and the Kennedy Center Honors.
Along with the lyrics for all of his musicals from 1954 to 1981—including West Side Story, Company, Follies, A Little Night Music and Sweeney Todd—Sondheim treats us to never-before-published songs from each show, songs that were cut or discarded before seeing the light of day. He discusses his relationship with his mentor, Oscar Hammerstein II, and his collaborations with extraordinary talents such as Leonard Bernstein, Arthur Laurents, Ethel Merman, Richard Rodgers, Angela Lansbury, Harold Prince and a panoply of others. The anecdotes—filled with history, pointed observations and intimate details—transport us back to a time when theater was a major pillar of American culture. Best of all, Sondheim appraises his work and dissects his lyrics, as well as those of others, offering unparalleled insights into songwriting that will be studied by fans and aspiring songwriters for years to come.
Accompanying Sondheim’s sparkling writing are behind-the-scenes photographs from each production, along with handwritten music and lyrics from the songwriter’s personal collection.
- 480 pages
- 11 inches X 8½ inches
You Might Also Like
- $10.00 BK - A Brief History of Rock 'n' Roll
- $20.00 BK - Duke Ellington Nutcracker Suite
- $12.00 BK - Wagner Moments: A Celebration of Favorite Wagner Experiences
- $10.00 Knowledge Cards-'What Do You Know About Jazz?'
- $10.00 Knowledge Cards-'What Do You Know About Opera?'
- $20.00 Leonard Bernstein: American Original
- $18.00 MARVIN MAKES MUSIC
- $10.00 STORY OF THE RING WAGNER
- $13.00 TO A YOUNG JAZZ MUSICIAN
- $16.00 WHY MAHLER