BK - A Brief History of Rock 'n' Roll
$10.00[Member Price: $9.00 ]
Members get 10% off - JOIN NOW
Item Number: 1025160
About this Item
Rock 'n' roll went from underground movement to mainstream pop in 1956 — the year Elvis released "Heartbreak Hotel"; Chuck Berry sang "Roll Over Beethoven"; Little Richard blurred the boundary with "Tutti Frutti"; Janis Martin sang for women with "Drugstore Rock and Roll"; and pop music hit the big screen with Rock Around the Clock.
Nick Johnstone charts the events of this milestone year and explores rock 'n' roll's African and American roots. He also shows how the musical mélange fused in that burst of creativity persisted over the next half century, through such reinventions as "rock" in the 1960s, "punk" in the 70s, and "grunge" in the 90s.
- 304 pages
- 8 inches X 5 Inches
You Might Also Like
- $20.00 BK - Duke Ellington Nutcracker Suite
- $12.00 BK - Wagner Moments: A Celebration of Favorite Wagner Experiences
- $12.00 BK-'Day is Done' by Peter Yarrow
- $10.00 Knowledge Cards-'What Do You Know About Jazz?'
- $10.00 Knowledge Cards-'What Do You Know About Opera?'
- $20.00 Leonard Bernstein: American Original
- $45.00 Les Miserables From Stage to Screen
- $18.00 MARVIN MAKES MUSIC
- $10.00 STORY OF THE RING WAGNER
- $13.00 TO A YOUNG JAZZ MUSICIAN
- $16.00 WHY MAHLER