A Brief History of Rock 'n' Roll by Nick Johnstone
$10.00[Member/Subscriber Price: $9.00]
Members/Subscribers get 10% off. JOIN NOW or SUBSCRIBE NOW.
Item Number: 1025160
About this Item
Rock 'n' roll went from underground movement to mainstream pop in 1956 — the year Elvis released "Heartbreak Hotel"; Chuck Berry sang "Roll Over Beethoven"; Little Richard blurred the boundary with "Tutti Frutti"; Janis Martin sang for women with "Drugstore Rock and Roll"; and pop music hit the big screen with Rock Around the Clock.
Nick Johnstone charts the events of this milestone year and explores rock 'n' roll's African and American roots. He also shows how the musical mélange fused in that burst of creativity persisted over the next half century, through such reinventions as "rock" in the 1960s, "punk" in the 70s, and "grunge" in the 90s.
- 304 pages
- 8 inches X 5 Inches
You Might Also Like
- $50.00 Dust and Grooves by Eilon Paz
- $40.00 Musicals Foreward by Elaine Paige
- $30.00 Peter, Paul and Mary by Peter Yarrow
- $10.00 Sorcerer of Bayreuth,: Wagner, His World & Words by Barry Millington
- $20.00 Bird & Dizby Gary Golio; Illustrated by Ed Young
- $17.00 Day is Doneby Peter Yarrow
- $13.00 I Am Your Songwriting Journalby Danny Tieger
- $18.00 In the Wavesby Lennon & Maisy Stella
- $25.00 Lead Belly: A Life in Pictures Edited by: Tiny Robinson
- $45.00 Les Miserables From Stage to Screenby Benedict Nightingale
- $10.00 Mister and Lady Day by Amy Novesky
- $17.00 One Loveby Cedella Marley
- $28.00 The B-Side : The Rebirth of the Great American Songby Ben Yagoda
- $25.00 The Dream Factory: Fender Custom Shopby Tom Wheeler
- $25.00 Vinyl: The Art of Making Records by Mike Evans
- $25.00 Wagner's The Eternal RingCompiled by Nancy Ellison
- $10.00 Knowledge Cards-'What Do You Know About Jazz?'
- $40.00 LED ZEPPLIN SHADOWS TALLER THA
- $18.00 Mozart Journal Midi
- $19.00 My First Keyboard Book
- $13.00 TO A YOUNG JAZZ MUSICIAN
- $16.00 WHY MAHLER