Long May She Waveby Kit Hinrichs & Delphine Hirasuna
$15.00[Member/Subscriber Price: $13.50]
Members/Subscribers get 10% off. JOIN NOW or SUBSCRIBE NOW.
Item Number: 1026462
About this Item
From one of the world's leading graphic designers comes a stunning tribute to America's most enduring icon-the Stars and Stripes.
The Revolutionary Congress resolved in 1777 that "the flag of the United States be 13 stripes, alternate red and white, that the Union be 13 white stars in a blue field representing a new constellation." Since that time, the American flag has been raised high in wartime triumph and peacetime celebration; burned in fervent protest; sewn lovingly onto quilts, caps, pillows, and bags; appropriated by the commercial sphere to sell goods as varied as cigars, and designer clothing, and rock-and-roll albums; and faithfully honored every 4th of July to celebrate America's independence.
This collection of more than 3,000 Stars and Stripes artifacts ranges from Civil War-era banners and Native American braided moccasins to an early 20th-century "friendship" kimono and original flag art by several of the world's leading designers. In its deluxe format with over 500 illustrations, LONG MAY SHE WAVE gives wide berth to the flag in all its manifestations, and the result is a stunning visual history of America's most treasured symbol.
Full-color throughout, with over 500 illustrations in a deluxe 11 x 14-inch volume-LONG MAY SHE WAVE is the perfect gift for folk-art appreciators, history buffs, and collectors.Features the 3,000-piece exhibit that was displayed at the American Institute of Graphic Arts and the San Jose Museum of Art in 2000. From toy soldiers to collectible spoons, cigar blankets to historic flags—the breadth of the collection is unrivaled.
- Hardcover, coffe table book
You Might Also Like
- $13.00 Fodor's Around Washington, D.C. with Kidsby Fodor's Travel Publications
- $40.00 Away from the White House by Lawrence L. Knutson
- $85.00 Ballet: Photographs of the New York Company Ballet by Henry Leutwyler
- $10.00 Bats in the Bandby Brian Lies
- $20.00 Bird & Dizby Gary Golio; Illustrated by Ed Young
- $30.00 Camelot's Court: Inside the Kennedy White Houseby Robert Dallek
- $9.95 Conversation Startersby Michael M. Kaiser
- $17.00 Every Little Thingby Cedella Marley
- $18.00 Firebird by Misty Copeland; Illustrated by Christopher Myers
- $13.00 I Am Your Songwriting Journalby Danny Tieger
- $18.00 In the Wavesby Lennon & Maisy Stella
- $10.00 Jack's Path of Courageby Matt Tavares
- $25.00 Lead Belly: A Life in Pictures Edited by: Tiny Robinson
- $18.00 Mariella Mouse in the Opera House by Dottie Withrow
- $10.00 Mister and Lady Day by Amy Novesky
- $8.00 Mosby, the Kennedy Center Catby Beppie Noyes
- $8.00 Murder at the Kennedy Center by Margaret Truman
- $12.00 Nuevas Historias: A New View of Spanish Photography by Timothy Persons
- $18.00 Riding In My Carby Scott Menchin
- $25.00 She Walks in Beautyby Caroline Kennedy
- $10.00 Sounding the Trumpet: Making JFK's Inaugural Address
- $8.00 Spanish Tile Designsby Carol Belanger Grafton
- $17.00 Tallulah's Soloby Marilyn Singer
- $17.00 Tallulah's Toe Shoesby Marilyn Singer
- $17.00 Tallulah's Tutuby Marilyn Singer
- $28.00 The Art of the Turnaroundby Michael Kaiser
- $27.00 The Cycleby Michael Kaiser
- $25.00 The Dream Factory: Fender Custom Shopby Tom Wheeler
- $6.00 True Compassby Edward Kennedy
- $2.00 Unleashed: Lives of the White House Pets Adapted by Ronald Kidd
- $30.00 Wagner's The Eternal RingCompiled by Nancy Ellison
- $20.00 Address Book-'Dance, Love, Sing, Live'
- $13.00 Ballet Scratch & Sketch Book
- $10.00 BK - The Kennedy Brothers: The Rise and Fall of Jack and Bobby
$10.00 BK - The Nation's Stage
John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
- $10.00 BK -- The Twelve Terrors of Christmas
- $25.00 BK- 'Leading Roles' by Michael Kaiser
- $9.00 I'M A FROG
- $10.00 Knowledge Cards-'Great Lines from Great Movies' Volume I
- $10.00 Knowledge Cards-'What Do You Know About JFK?'
- $10.00 Lion King Souvenir Program
- $10.00 Little Dancer Bookmark
- $10.00 WE ARE IN A BOOK ELEPHANT AND