$16.00[Member/Subscriber Price: $14.40]
Members/Subscribers get 10% off. JOIN NOW or SUBSCRIBE NOW.
Item Number: 1028814
About this Item
Why Mahler? Why does his music affect us in the way it does? Norman Lebrecht, one of the world’s most widely read cultural commentators, has been wrestling obsessively with Mahler for half his life. Following Mahler’s every footstep from birthplace to grave, scrutinizing his manuscripts, talking to those who knew him, Lebrecht constructs a compelling new portrait of Mahler as a man who lived determinedly outside his own times. Mahler was—along with Picasso, Einstein, Freud, Kafka, and Joyce—a maker of our modern world. Why Mahler? is a book that shows how music can change our lives.
You Might Also Like
- $40.00 Musicals Foreward by Elaine Paige
- $30.00 Peter, Paul and Mary by Peter Yarrow
- $12.00 Bird & Dizby Gary Golio; Illustrated by Ed Young
- $17.00 Day is Doneby Peter Yarrow
- $13.00 I Am Your Songwriting Journalby Danny Tieger
- $18.00 In the Wavesby Lennon & Maisy Stella
- $10.00 Lead Belly: A Life in Pictures Edited by: Tiny Robinson
- $45.00 Les Miserables From Stage to Screenby Benedict Nightingale
- $10.00 Mister and Lady Day by Amy Novesky
- $28.00 The B-Side : The Rebirth of the Great American Songby Ben Yagoda
- $45.00 BK -- Finishing The Hat by Stephen Sondheim
- $20.00 BK-'The NPR Listeners Ency. of Classical Music'
- $10.00 Knowledge Cards-'What Do You Know About Jazz?'
- $19.00 My First Keyboard Book
- $13.00 TO A YOUNG JAZZ MUSICIAN