Glenn DonnellanSecond Violins
National Symphony Orchestra: David Zinman, conductor: Angela Hewitt, piano, plays Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 22 / Works by R. Strauss & Schoenberg
The Kennedy Center Chamber Players: Works by Debussy, Ives, Saint-Saëns, & Beethoven
Organ Recital: Jeremy Filsell, organ (presented by the National Symphony Orchestra)
NSO Pops: Danny Elfman's Music from the Films of Tim Burton / John Mauceri, conductor
1. What university or conservatory did you attend? U of MN
a. Was it for music? Yes, Violin Performance
2. What is your favorite piece (or pieces) to play in the orchestra? Too many to recount. Rachmaninoff Symphony No. 2, Beethoven Violin Concerto, any Mozart or Strauss, lots of Tchaikovsky...don't really keep track!
3. Do you have a pre-concert ritual or routine? Get there on time. Relax in car after leaving kids at home.
4. Describe your favorite NSO moment: Overture to La forza del destino in Birmingham, England: 1st 3 brass chords bounced back to us from the top back of the hall - very cool acoustic effect. Another: school kids screaming after I played "Eruption" at NSO Young People's Concerts at the Kennedy Center.
5. What are three songs or pieces you love to listen to? Music is always going in my head, so I don't listen to much else. I enjoy any good music; classical, pop, rock, rap, jazz, world.
6. Did you grow up in a musical household? Yes.
7. What did you want to be growing up? Not sure. Musician? I always played, so it was the major part of my life besides school.
a. When did you know you wanted to be a professional classical musician? When I didn't have a strong direction to do something else to do in 10th grade.
8. What is your favorite thing about living in the D.C. area? Accessible cosmopolitan locale. Good people, food, museums & arts, sports, nature nearby.
9. Where is your favorite DC hangout? NatsTown
10. Do you have any pets? Allergic! Otherwise we'd have a dog.
11. What is your favorite way to spend your free time? Enjoying life.
12. Favorite movie: Too many.
13. Favorite book: Too many.
14. Favorite sports team: Nats