National Symphony Orchestra: Labor Day Capitol Concert 2015
National Symphony Orchestra: Season Opening Ball Concert: Christoph Eschenbach & Steven Reineke, conductors
NSO Pops: Rajaton: Best of The Beatles
National Symphony Orchestra: Donald Runnicles, conductor: Olga Peretyatko, soprano, sings R. Strauss / Works by Mozart & Elgar
National Symphony Orchestra: Ludovic Morlot, conductor: Miloš Karadaglic, classical guitar, plays Rodrigo / Works by Berlioz, Ravel, & Dukas
1. What university or conservatory did you attend?
I attended Curtis Institute of Music.
2. What is your favorite piece (or pieces) to play in the orchestra?
Brahms Symphonies, Prokofiev, Shostakovich, Rachmaninoff.
3. Do you have a pre-concert ritual or routine?
I try my reeds in the Hall.
4. Describe your favorite NSO moment:
The concert in Moscow on Rostropovich's return in 1990.
5. Did you grow up in a musical household?
6. What did you want to be growing up?
I wanted to be a symphony musician by 9th grade.
7. What is your favorite thing about living in the DC area?
All the museums and monuments.
8. Do you have any pets?
Yes, two dogs.
9. What is your favorite way to spend your free time?
Playing golf, hiking, or reading.
10. Favorite book:
11. Favorite sports team:
New England Patriots.
12. Name one thing people would be surprised to know about you.
My house is in Maine.