NSO Pops: Indigo Girls
National Symphony Orchestra: Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker Suite / Rimsky-Korsakov's Scheherazade
National Symphony Orchestra: Bach's Brandenburg Concerto No. 1 / Handel's Music for the Royal Fireworks
NSO Family Concert: Peter and the Wolf in Hollywood
State Conservatory of Music, Katowice, Poland
State Conservatory of Music, Moscow, Russia
The Juilliard School of Music, New York
2. What is your favorite piece (or pieces) to play in the orchestra?
3. Do you have a pre-concert ritual or routine?
4. Describe your favorite NSO moment:
Slava's Return to Russia
5. What are three songs or pieces you love to listen to?
Korngold Violin Concerto
Mahler Symphony No. 2
Bach Solo Violin works
6. Did you grow up in a musical household?
7. What did you want to be growing up?
a. When did you know you wanted to be a professional classical musician?
When I started Junior High (age 12)
8. What is your favorite thing about living in the DC area?
Potomac River and all the monuments
9. Do you have any pets?
Not any more - my dog died in May (Cocker Spaniel)
10. What is your favorite way to spend your free time?
11. Favorite Movie:
12. Favorite Book:
Demian - Herman Hesse
13. Favorite sports team:
National Symphony Orchestra
John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
2700 F Street, NW
Washington, DC 20566
P.O. Box 101510
Arlington, VA 22210