National Symphony Orchestra: Jesús López-Cobos, conductor: Thursday - Camané & Carminho, fado (Portugal) / Fri. & Sat. - Juanita Lascarro, soprano (Colombia) & Javier Perianes, piano (Spain)
Fantasy & Fate: Tchaikovsky Masterworks: Lang Lang in recital (presented by the National Symphony Orchestra)
National Symphony Orchestra: Christoph Eschenbach, conductor: Four French Composers Inspired by Spain
National Symphony Orchestra: Christoph Eschenbach, conductor: Mahler's Symphony No. 9
NSO Pops: Do You Hear the People Sing / Steven Reineke, conductor
1. What university or conservatory did you attend?
State Conservatory of Music, Katowice, Poland
State Conservatory of Music, Moscow, Russia
The Juilliard School of Music, New York
2. What is your favorite piece (or pieces) to play in the orchestra?
3. Do you have a pre-concert ritual or routine?
4. Describe your favorite NSO moment:
Slava's Return to Russia
5. What are three songs or pieces you love to listen to?
Korngold Violin Concerto
Mahler Symphony No. 2
Bach Solo Violin works
6. Did you grow up in a musical household?
7. What did you want to be growing up?
a. When did you know you wanted to be a professional classical musician?
When I started Junior High (age 12)
8. What is your favorite thing about living in the DC area?
Potomac River and all the monuments
9. Do you have any pets?
Not any more - my dog died in May (Cocker Spaniel)
10. What is your favorite way to spend your free time?
11. Favorite Movie:
12. Favorite Book:
Demian - Herman Hesse
13. Favorite sports team: