Heather GreenFirst Violins
National Symphony Orchestra: Fantasy & Fate: Tchaikovsky Masterworks: Juraj Valcuha, conductor: Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 5 / Works by Stravinsky & Bruch
NSO Teddy Bear Concert: Two Divas and a Bear!
NSO Pops: Valentine's Day with Seth MacFarlane
NSO Family Concert: Casey at the Bat
San Franciso Conservatory of Music and Rice University
a. Was it for music?
2. What is your favorite piece (or pieces) to play in the orchestra?
I love Prokofiev, Stravinsky, and Benjamin Britten
3. Describe your favorite NSO moment:
Mahler 5 with Eschenbach in his first season with us. I remember the stage was very hot, we were all sweating, but it was an incredible performance.
5. What are three songs or pieces you love to listen to?
Schubert Lieder, late Beethoven quartets, and Chopin Nocturnes
6. Did you grow up in a musical household?
Yes. My dad was a church choir director and my mom was an organist.
7. What did you want to be growing up?
an interior decorator!
a. When did you know you wanted to be a professional classical musician?
When my older sister said she wanted to be a violinist - I wanted to do everything she did!
8. What is your favorite thing about living in the DC area?
The culture of living in a big city but without the high rises. I love the parks and the Smithsonians
9. Where is your favorite DC hangout?
Westover in Arlington
10. Do you have any pets?
George, the Weimaraner
11. What is your favorite way to spend your free time?
I love taking my kids to our neighborhood park.
12. Favorite movie:
Room With A View
13. Favorite book:
whatever I'm currently reading...(Last Wife of Henry VIII)
14. Favorite sports team:
15. Name one thing people would be surprised to know about you
I was the bent-arm-hang champion at Salk Elementary School (Tulsa OK) in 3rd Grade!