Explore the Center
The Department of Human Resources provides services to The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts community in recruiting and training and in the administration of compensation and benefits. The office assists departments in meeting their staffing goals, managing job performance, and interpreting policy. The office also supports employees and their supervisors in reaching understanding and reconciling differences to promote effective working relationships while remaining committed to the values of The Kennedy Center.
The Department of Human Resources is responsible for the development and administration of a personnel program including employment, labor relations, benefits, compensation, staff training and development, and policy development related to these areas.
Human Resources Customer Service Principle:
The Department of Human Resources staff is committed to providing a high level of service both within The Kennedy Center and to those who contact us by telephone, mail, and through the Internet. While maintaining maximum confidentiality, the Human Resources staff also seeks to listen and to respond to all inquiries. Human Resources wants to maintain the trust in The Kennedy Center of all callers and inquirers. We will:
- Treat every co-worker and customer ethically and with friendliness, care, respect, and integrity.
- Demonstrate a willingness to be of service by responding to customers in a timely manner with accurate, thorough information.
- Promote excellence, diversity, autonomy, creativity, and productivity.
- Be creative in the use and development of resources.
- Department of Human Resources
Washington, DC 20566-0001
- General Information:
- (202) 416-8604
- (202) 416-8728
- (202) 416-8630