NSO Teddy Bear Concert
The Tale of Teddy and the Ten Hats
Back by popular demand! Little children love dress-up as much as these playful musicians spinning a story about a teddy bear whose zany collection of hats represents a wide variety of music, from Haydn to Sousa and beyond. Presented by NSO musicians Carole Bean, flute; William Wielgus, oboe; and Janet Frank, cello; this program actively engages children as listeners in an atmosphere of fun. For ages 3 to 5.
Kids can bring their favorite stuffed animal to these interactive programs and have their teddy bear friend join in all the fun! Lasting approximately 45 minutes, they're perfect for even the youngest music lovers in your family.
Come early for "Musical Playtime." Starting 45 minutes before each Teddy Bear Concert, enjoy music and movement activities especially designed for small children. A project of the Women's Committee for the NSO.
Note: The 11 a.m. performance on Sat., October 5 is Sensory-Friendly.
Sensory-Friendly Performances are designed to create a theater experience that is welcoming to all families with children on the autism spectrum or with other disabilities that create sensory sensitivities.
Accommodations for these performances include:
* Lower volume and consistent sound levels (no jarring sounds);
* Lights remaining at a low level in the theater during the performance;
* A reduction of strobe lighting focused on the audience;
* An understanding that patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the performance;
* Short performance times, lasting 60-75 minutes with no intermission;
* Designated quiet areas within the theater;
* Space throughout the theater for standing and movement;
* Smaller crowds and a limited number of visitors at the Kennedy Center during the day and timing of the performance; and
* Trained Kennedy Center staff members who are inviting and accommodating to families' needs.
Families will also have access to resource materials to prepare for their visit. Please contact the Accessibility Office at 202-416-8727 (voice/relay) or email@example.com for more information.
This event has already closed.
Please use the event calendar to search for current events.