Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival
The Quest For Peace Playwriting Award
A Playwriting Award intended to encourage student playwrights to grapple with the complicated issues facing the Middle East, and particularly Palestine and Israel.
- 1st Place Cash Award of $2,500 for a full-length play or $1,000 for a one-act play.
- Professional Development Fellowship. The Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival will provide the award recipient with a fellowship to attend the KCACTF Summer Playwriting Intensive.
- Dramatists Guild Award. The Dramatists Guild Award provides the playwright with Active membership in the Guild.
The play must be produced by a college or university or publicly presented in a “rehearsed” or “staged reading” format following a significant development process. The play must comply with the guidelines for scripts entered in the KCACTF Michael Kanin Playwriting Program.
For other questions, refer to "Rules and Procedures for the Michael Kanin Playwriting Awards Program" above.
The Quest for Peace Playwriting Award-winners
- The Gates of Choice by Michelle Rosenfarb, New York University
- FALLUJAH by Evan Sanderson, Boston University
- Parts of Parts and Stitches by Riti Sachdeva, University of New Mexico
- Tennis at Nablus- Ismail Khalidi, New York University
- Beautiful American Soldier byDano Madden, Rutgers University Premiered at the University of Tulsa
- 2nd Place - The Near East, Alex Lewin, University of California- San Diego