Kennedy Center Alliance for Arts Education Network
The Kennedy Center Alliance for Arts Education Network (KCAAEN) is a coalition of statewide not-for-profit Alliances for Arts Education working in partnership with the Kennedy Center to support policies, practices, and partnerships that ensure the arts are an essential part of American K-12 education.
The mission of the KCAAEN is to advance learning in and through the arts for all students.
To meet the following program objectives, members of the KCAAEN in partnership with the Kennedy Center will:
- Build Collaborations: Develop and support innovative collaborations among schools, community partners, and cultural institutions that sustain arts education.
- Position the Arts: Speak out on behalf of arts education to citizens, policy makers, state agencies, and others about the value and benefits of arts education.
- Generate Resources: Develop, publish, and/or disseminate resources for arts education leaders and practitioners.
- Provide Professional Development: Implement professional development through educational programs, training, and resources.
- Recognize Innovation and Achievement: Provide awards and acknowledgments to individuals, organizations, and schools that demonstrate outstanding support for arts education.
The Kennedy Center supports the growth and development of the Network and the efforts of participating State Alliances through staff consultation, professional development, and other resources.
National Partnerships, part of the Rubenstein Arts Access Program, is generously funded by David and Alice Rubenstein.
Additional support is provided by the U.S. Department of Education.
Education and related artistic programs are made possible through the generosity of the
National Committee for the Performing Arts and the President’s Advisory Committee on the Arts.