Partners in Education
Resources Available for Your Community
As America's national center for the performing arts, the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is committed to developing educational resources and programs to share with arts organizations and schools across the country:
- Professional learning opportunities for teachers featuring exemplary workshops developed through the Kennedy Center's local program;
- In-depth training seminars for teaching artists:
- Focus 1 - Teaching Students
- Focus 2 - Teaching Teachers
- Focus 3 - Writing Performing Guides
- Speakers who can address issues in arts education for large conferences or intimate meetings;
- Workshops for parents and community members;
- Other education programs
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is committed to creating and sharing high quality resources for educators, arts institutions, and artists throughout the country. Several publications are available for purchase from the Partners in Education program.
Click on icons below to access these publications.
Partners in Education: Fostering partnerships among arts organizations, schools, and communities
This report focuses on the Kennedy Center's national Partners in Education program. The report is intended to help new members of the Partners in Education program and other interested individuals gain an increased understanding of the Kennedy Center's philosophy and practice regarding professional learning programs for teachers.
Partners in Education: Fostering partnerships among arts organizations, schools, and communities describes the program's background, as well as its design and major elements. The publication also reviews participation in Partners in Education and answers a list of frequently asked questions.
The 20-page report sells for $10.00 per copy. For more information or to order copies, call the Kennedy Center Partners in Education program at (202) 416-8806 or download the order form.