Ariel String Quartet
This young up-and-coming Israeli ensemble will perform favorites by Mozart, Webern, and Beethoven.
- Mon., Apr. 21, 2008, 7:30 PM
- Terrace Theater
- Approx. 100 minutes
Please use the event calendar to search for current events.
"The music's poetic mode was captured delightfully."
"To say that they are unusual is an understatement. They are extraordinary and a wonderful ambassador." --Itzhak Perlman
The young Israeli performers of the Ariel String Quartet are taking the music world by storm. They enjoyed their professional debut at the Jerusalem Music Centre in 2000, and are currently an honors ensemble at the New England Conservatory of Music. In 2006, the quartet won the Grand Prize at the Fischoff National Chamber Music Competition. For their Kennedy Center debut, the foursome will perform Mozart's "Dissonance" String Quartet, Beethoven's songlike String Quartet in B-flat major, and Webern's Bagatelles for String Quartet.
Program and Notes
- String Quartet No. 19 in C major, K 465 "Dissonance"
- Bagatelles for String Quartet, Op. 9
- String Quartet in B-flat major, Op. 130
- Gershon Gerchikov, violin
- Alexandra Kazovsky, violin
- Sergey Tarashchansky, viola
- Amit Even-Tov, cello