NSO Family Concerts: Happy Birthday, Wolfgang Amadeus!
Celebrate Mozart's 250th birthday with a concert filled with laughter, surprises, and wonderful music led by NSO Associate Conductor Emil de Cou.
- Sun., Mar. 12, 2006
- Concert Hall
- 1 hour
- $15.00 - $18.00
Please use the event calendar to search for current events.
Recommended for ages 7 & up
Come Early for the Musical Instrument "Petting Zoo"
Starting an hour before the concert, this hands-on activity gives young concertgoers a chance to get up close with the instruments they'll see played professionally on the stage--from violins, harps, and oboes to trombones and percussion. A project of the Women's Committee for the NSO.
Following each of the 3 p.m. Family Concerts, young audience members can ask questions and hear engaging stories in an up-close-and-personal talk with the artists.
NEW! See the Musicians Up Close on the Big Screen
Beginning this season, all NSO Family Concerts will feature Image Magnification, which projects the music-making onstage onto a giant screen above the Orchestra! It's a great way to see how the artists play their instruments as you listen to the music.
Program and Notes
- Program to include selections from:
- The Magic Flute, K. 620
- Finale from Violin Concerto No. 5 in A major, K. 219
- Finale from Horn Concerto No. 3 in E-flat major, K. 447
- Excerpt from Symphony No. 40 in G minor, K. 550
- Presto from A Musical Joke, K. 522
- German Dance No. 5 in G ('The Canary'), K. 600
- German Dance No. 3 in C ('Sleigh Ride'), K. 605
- Finale from Piano Concerto No. 17 in G major, K. 453
- Finale from Symphony No. 41 in C major, K. 551 "Jupiter"
News and Reviews
"Making Pieces Come Alive For Kids"
The Washington Post – Washington, DC (Nov. 08, 2005)