National Symphony Orchestra: Leonard Slatkin, conductor/Richard Strauss's Salome, in concert, with Deborah Voigt, soprano
Deborah Voigt is Salome in a concert performance of Richard Strauss's riveting opera.
- Jan. 18 - 22, 2007
- Concert Hall
- 1 hr. 35min.
- $20.00 - $85.00
Please use the event calendar to search for current events.
"A PERSONAL AND ARTISTIC TRIUMPH!"
[As Salome] Ms. Voigt exuded confidence and won a tumultuous ovation. She sang thrillingly.
The major challenges of this role are vocal, and here was a real Strauss soprano to meet them.
HER PORTRAYAL TOUCHED GREATNESS."
--The New York Times, Oct. 22, 2006 Full review
NOTE: THERE IS NO LATE SEATING. THERE IS NO INTERMSSION.
Program and Notes
- Leonard Slatkin
- Deborah Voigt, Salome, soprano
- Donald Litaker, Herodes, tenor
- Alan Held, Jokanaan, bass
- Jane Henschel, Herodias, mezzo-soprano
- Jennifer Hines, Page of Herodias, mezzo-soprano
- Jason Collins, Narraboth, tenor
- Greg Warren, First jew, tenor
- Yingxi Zhang, Second Jew, tenor
- Torrance Blaisdell, Third Jew, tenor
- Peter Tantsits, Fourth Jew, tenor
- Branch Fields, Fifth Jew, bass
- Andrew Greenan, First Nazarene, bass
- Jason Ferrante, Second Nazarene, tenor
- Philip Skinner, First Soldier, bass
- Obed Urena, Second Soldier, bass
- Trevor Scheunemann, Cappadocian, bass