NSO Family Concert: Spooky Sounds and Scary Tales
Get a head start on Halloween and come dressed in your spookiest costume for this "spirited" Sunday afternoon concert event.
- Sun., Oct. 29, 2006
- Concert Hall
- 1 hour
- $15.00 - $18.00
Please use the event calendar to search for current events.
Come Early for the Musical Instrument "Petting Zoo"
Starting an hour before each Concert Hall performance, this event gives young concertgoers a chance to get up close and hands-on with the instruments they'll see played professionally on the stage--from violins, flutes, and clarinets to trumpets and percussion!
The Instrument "Petting Zoo" is a project of the Women's Committee for the National Symphony Orchestra.
Following each of the 3 p.m. performances, young audience members can ask questions and hear engaging stories in an up-close-and-personal talk with the concert artists.
Program and Notes
- "In the Hall of the Mountain King" from Peer Gynt Suite No. 1, Op. 46
- Title Music from King Kong
- Danse macabre, Op. 40
- Selections from the Suite from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
- Witch's Ride from Hansel and Gretel
- The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Scherzo after a ballad by Goethe
- Car Ride and Shower Scene from Psycho
- restored by John Mauceri
- Excerpts from "Dream of a Witches' Sabbath," finale of Symphonie fantastique, Op. 14