National Symphony Orchestra: Leonard Slatkin, conductor/Tchaikovsky's Eugene Onegin, in concert
Tchaikovsky's riveting opera is performed in concert by the NSO and gifted vocal soloists, including soprano Irina Mataeva and baritone Sergei Leiferkus.
- Jun. 12 - 16, 2008
- Concert Hall
- 3 Hours
- $20.00 - $85.00
Please use the event calendar to search for current events.
Note: This is a Concert Performance, sung in Russian, with English surtitles.
This program runs 3 hours, including one 15-minute intermission.
- Leonard Slatkin, conductor
- Irina Tchistjakova, mezzo-soprano (Larina)
- Irina Mataeva, soprano (Tatiana)
- Ekaterina Semenchuk, alto (Olga)
- Mzia Nioradze, mezzo-soprano (Filipyevna)
- Daniil Shtoda, tenor (Lensky)
- Sergei Leiferkus, baritone (Onegin)
- Gustav Andreassen, bass (Prince Gremin)
- Nathan Herfindahl, bass (Captain)
- Grigory Soloviov, bass (Zaretski)
- Robert Baker, tenor (Triquet)
- The Washington Chorus
- Julian Wachner, Music Director Designate