NSO Family Concert: More Spooky Sounds and Scary Tales
Get a head start on Halloween and come dressed in your spookiest costume for this "spirited" Sunday afternoon concert event led by NSO Associate Conductor Emil de Cou.
- Sun., Oct. 28, 2007
- Concert Hall
- 1 hour
- $15.00 - $18.00
Please use the event calendar to search for current events.
Come early for the musical instrument "Petting Zoo." Starting one hour before each Family concert, this hands-on activity in the Kennedy Center Atrium gives kids a chance to get up close with the instruments they'll see played on the stage--from violins and harp to oboes and flutes. A project of the Women's Committee for the NSO.
Stay after the 3 p.m. concert for a "Kids' Chat." Following the 3 p.m. Family Concert, kids can ask questions and hear engaging stories in an up-close-and-personal talk with the artists.
Program and Notes
- Toccata and Fugue in D minor, BWV 565
- Selections from The Wizard of Oz
- Night on Bald Mountain, Rimsky-Korsakov Arrangement
- Danse macabre, Op. 40
- "Infernal Dance" from The Firebird (complete ballet)
- "Phantom of the Opera" excerpt from Francesca da Rimini, Op. 32
- "The Ride of the Valkyries" from Die Walküre
- Flying Theme from Flying Theme from E.T., The Extra-Terrestrial