National Symphony Orchestra: Labor Day Concert
FREE - no tickets required! NSO Associate Conductor Emil de Cou leads this annual NSO tradition on the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol.
This event is NOT taking place at the Kennedy Center
- Sun., Aug. 31, 2008, 8:00 PM
- US Capitol Building - West Lawn
Please use the event calendar to search for current events.
Annual Labor Day Concert
West Lawn, U.S. Capitol
Sunday, August 31, 2008, 8 p.m.
Emil de Cou Conductor
Free, no tickets required
The Kennedy Center's Prelude celebration begins on a high note with this free annual Labor Day
concert led by NSO Associate Conductor Emil de Cou. Program to be announced.
This concert is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Department of the Interior and the National
Park Service, National Capital Region.
Gates open to the public at 3:20 p.m.
In case of inclement weather: The concert will be moved to the Kennedy Center Concert Hall.
Please call the NSO Summer Concert Hotline at (202) 416-8113 after 2:30 p.m. to find out if
the performance has been moved.
Program and Notes
- The Star Spangled Banner
- Belle of the Ball
- Sleigh Ride
- Fiddle Faddle
- The Penny-Whistle Song
- Bugler's Holiday
- Merrie Melodies
- Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy from The Nutcracker
- "The Ride of the Valkyries" from Die Walküre
- "Seventy-six Trombones," from The Music Man
- Military March No. 1 in D major from Pomp and Circumstance
- Le Regiment de Sambre et Muse
- Slavonic March
- Symphonic Scenario from South Pacific
- Overture to The Seahawk
- Main Theme from Jaws
- The Chamber of Secrets
- March from Raiders of the Lost Ark
- America the Beautiful