National Symphony Orchestra: Nights at the Movies: Classical Hollywood
Conductor/host Richard Kaufman leads movie music accompanied by images. In Classical Hollywood, enjoy Disney's Sleeping Beauty, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Raging Bull, Alien, Forrest Gump, and more.
- Thu., Sep. 11, 2008, 8:00 PM
- Concert Hall
- 2 hours
- $20.00 - $65.00
Please use the event calendar to search for current events.
ALSO SEE the NSO Nights at the Movies program called The Golden Age of Film Music on Sep. 12.
Program and Notes
- Opening of Also sprach Zarathustra, Op. 30
- Film: 2001, A Space Odyssey
- Salterello: Presto (Movement 4) from Symphony No. 4 in A major, Op. 90, "Italian"
- Film: Breaking Away
- Adagio from Clarinet Concerto in A major, K. 622
- Films: Out of Africa; American Gigolo; Breathless; Green Card
- Suite No. 1 from Carmen
- Suite No. 2 from Carmen
- Films: The Bad News Bears; Babe; The Hudsucker Proxy; Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde; Flashdance; Meet the Parents; There's Something About Mary; Trainspotting
- Intermezzo from Cavalleria rusticana
- Films: Raging Bull; The Godfather I & II
- Wedding March from A Midsummer Night's Dream, Op. 61
- Films: A Midsummer Night's Dream; Addams Family Values; Anaylze This; Four Weddings and a Funeral; Giant; A Rocky Horror Picture Show; Kolya
- "Bacchanale" from Samson and Delilah, Op. 47
- Film: The Bridges of Madison County
- Finlandia, Op. 26
- Films: The Hunt for Red October; Die Hard 2
- Andante con tenerezza (Mvt. 2) from Symphony No. 2, Op. 30, "Romantic"
- Film: Alien
- Waltz from The Sleeping Beauty, Op. 66
- Films: Disney's Sleeping Beauty; Artificial Intelligence: A.I.; Ronin; Stepping Out; Rollerball
- Military March No. 1 in D major from Pomp and Circumstance
- Films: Mrs. Miniver; Austin Powers; A Clockwork Orange; High School High; Reality Bites; Forrest Gump