NSO Pops: Cirque de la Symphonie / Steven Reineke, conductor
Back by popular demand! Cirque de la Symphonie's aerial artists, jugglers, strong men, illusionists, and more bring the magic of the circus to the Concert Hall. The San Francisco Examiner calls them "dazzling and elegant, if not death-defying!"
- Sep. 19 - 22, 2013
- Concert Hall
- Approx. 1-3/4 hours
- $20.00 - $85.00
Please use the event calendar to search for current events.
Performance Timing: Approximately 1 hour, 45 minutes, including one 15-minute intermission.
Program and Notes
- Festive Overture, Op. 96
- Suite No. 1 from Gayaneh
- Dance of Ayshe
- Danzón No. 2
- Overture to Candide
- "Lesginka" from Gayaneh
- La boutique fantasque
- Tarantella (arr. Sargent)
- DE FALLA
- Spanish Dance No. 1 from La Vida Breve
- "Bacchanale" from Samson et Dalila, Op. 47
- Dance of the Comedians from The Bartered Bride
- "The Ride of the Valkyries" from Die Walküre
- DE FALLA
- "Ritual Fire Dance" from El amor brujo
- Cortège de Bacchus from Sylvia
The 2013-2014 NSO Pops Season is presented through the generosity of
Additional support is provided by
The Honorable Barbara H. Franklin and Mr. Wallace Barnes.