National Symphony Orchestra: Der Rosenkavalier in concert with Renée Fleming / Christoph Eschenbach, conductor
Marking 150 years since Strauss's birth, soprano Renée Fleming headlines a concert performance of the composer's comic opera that features Stephanie Houtzeel, Marisol Montalvo, Franz Hawlata, Adrian Eröd, and Steve Davislim.
- Sat., Mar. 8, 2014, 6:00 PM
- Concert Hall
- 3 hours, 45 minutes
- $30.00 - $250.00
Please use the event calendar to search for current events.
Note (as of Mar. 8): Steve Davislim has had to withdraw due to illness. In his place, Mario Chang will sing the role of An Italian Singer.
Note (as of Mar. 3): Sarah Connolly has had to withdraw due to illness. In her place, Stephanie Houtzeel will sing the role of Octavian.
In German, with projected English supertitles
Performance Timing: Act I - 75 min.; Intermission - 15 min.; Act II - 60 min.; Intermission - 15 min.; Act III - 60 min.
NOTE: There is NO late seating for this performance. Please plan to arrive with sufficient time to be seated before the performance begins.
- Christoph Eschenbach, conductor
- Renée Fleming, soprano (the Marschallin, Princess von Werdenberg)
- Stephanie Houtzeel, mezzo-soprano (Octavian)
- Marisol Montalvo, soprano (Sophie von Faninal)
- Franz Hawlata, bass (Baron Ochs auf Lerchenau)
- Adrian Eröd, baritone (Herr von Faninal)
- Steve Davislim, tenor (an Italian Singer)
David and Alice Rubenstein are the Presenting Underwriters of the NSO.
The NSO Music Chair is generously endowed by Roger and Vicki Sant.