Left Bank Concert Society: Bellwethers of the 20th Century
- Sat., Nov. 17, 2007, 7:30 PM
- Terrace Theater
- Approx. 110 minutes
Please use the event calendar to search for current events.
Audrey Andrist, piano
Members of the Left Bank Quartet:
--David Salness & Sally McLain, violins
--Katherine Murdock, viola
--Evelyn Elsing, cello
Stravinsky himself performed this two-piano version of his monumental work with none other than
Debussy, while the discovery of Beethoven's piano four-hand manuscript in a Philadelphia seminary
rocked the music world in 2005. These unique perspectives of two giant works are framed by the
Left Bank Quartet's performance of Beethoven's String quartet in B-flat major, Op. 130, with "both"
of its fourth movements.
Program and Notes
- String Quartet in B-flat major, Op. 130
- Grosse Fugue in B-flat major, Op. 133, played as two-piano arrangement
- Beethoven's intended finale to Op. 130, from his original manuscript as discovered in July, 2005.
- The Rite of Spring, played as two-piano arrangement (1913)
- Grosse Fugue, played by string quartet