Left Bank Concert Society: "Tradition Flouted"
- Sat., Mar. 28, 2009, 7:30 PM
- Terrace Theater
- Approx. 2 hours
Please use the event calendar to search for current events.
The Left Bank Concert Society presents an eclectic concert comprising the trenchant writing of Korean
composer Isang Yun, the off-beat combinations devised by American composers Charles Wuorinen
and Lawrence Moss, and the softness of Robert Schumann's last string quartet. Left Bank Quartet
members David Salness and Sally McLain, violins, Katherine Murdock, viola, and Evelyn Elsing, cello
are joined by oboist Mark Hill, pianist Audrey Andrist, and special guests.
The performance runs approximately two hours, including one 20-minute intermission.
Program and Notes
- Oboe Quartet
- (1994) For oboe, violin, viola, and cello
- 11 Short Pieces for violin and vibraphone
- Buttons and Bows (or, Superparticular Variations)
- (2001) For cello and accordion
- New Paths for oboe, viola, and piano (2008)
- (Written for Mark Hill, Katherine Murdock, and Audrey Andrist. Commissioned by the Barlow Endowment for Music Composition at Brigham Young University.)
- Quartet in A major, Op. 41, No. 3