Young Concert Artists Series: Aleksandr Haskin, flute
- Mon., Jan. 24, 2011, 7:30 PM
- Terrace Theater
- Approx. 90 minutes
Please use the event calendar to search for current events.
Washington, DC Debut Recital!
Aleksandr Haskin, flute
--with guest: Steven Beck, piano
Twenty-six-year-old flutist Aleksandr Haskin, who hails from Minsk, Belarus, won the Jean Fergus First Prize in the 2009 Young Concert Artists International Auditions. As an orchestral musician, Mr. Haskin has performed at such venues as Carnegie Hall, Symphony Hall in Boston, and Teatro alla Scala in Milan, and has participated in music festivals in the U.S. and throughout Europe. He is a member of the Qatar Philharmonic Orchestra.
Performance Timing: Part One - 40 min.; Intermission - 15 min.; Part Two - 30 min.
Program and Notes
- The Great Train Race for solo flute
- Sonata for flute and keyboard in E major, BWV 1035
- Andante for flute and piano in C major, K. 315
- Fantasie Pastorale Hongroise, Op. 26
- Sonatine for flute and piano
- Sonata for flute and piano
- Sonata for flute and piano (II. Aria)
- Zoom Tube for solo flute