The 18th Street Singers 8th Annual Spring Concert: An Evening of Roses
- Sat., Jun. 9, 2012, 7:30 PM
- Terrace Theater
- 1 hour, 40 minutes
- $15.00 - $22.00
Please use the event calendar to search for current events.
Benjamin Olinsky, artistic director
Nick Bath & Sarah Redmond, assistant musical directors
Anna Robinson, soprano
Kristen Kampetis, alto
James Athley, tenor
The 18th Street Singers bring their pure harmonies, rich signature sound, and fresh take on traditional choral music to the Kennedy Center for another spellbinding spring concert, entitled An Evening of Roses.
The Singers present a serenade of great love songs, equal parts playful and poignant, spanning all time periods, genres, and types of love, from romantic to enduring. For the first time in the choir's history, the concert features a chamber orchestra, as well as original music composed by members of the group (bass Trey Harris, and baritone John Stassen).
Performance Timing: Part One - 45 min.; Intermission - 15 min.; Part Two - 45 min.
Program and Notes
- Selections from Five Hebrew Love Songs
- I. Temuná (A Picture) II. Kalá kallá (Light Bride) III. Lárov (Mostly) IV. Rakút (Tenderness)
- Elegischer Gesang
- Tú No Sabe Inglé
- Three Songs
- I. Nachtwache I II. Abendständchen III. Darthulas Grabesgesang
- A Boy and a Girl
- Four Italian Madrigals
- I. Chi vuol veder II. Fior Scoloriti III. Chi d'amor sente IV. Fuor de la bella caiba
- Agnosco Veteris Vestigia Flammae
- Written for The 18th Street Singers
- I Shall Not Live in Vain
- Selections from Madrigali: Six "Fire Songs" on Italian Renaissance Poems
- III. Amor, io sento l'alma IV. Io piango V. Luci serene e chiare VI. Se per havervi, oime
- (arr. Matthew Bartholomew & Fenno Heath) With the Alumni of The 18th Street Singers
- Happy Ending