Washington Performing Arts Society: Hilary Hahn, violin
- Sat., Feb. 16, 2013, 8:00 PM
- Concert Hall
- Approx. 2 hours
- $35.00 - $95.00
Please use the event calendar to search for current events.
Hilary Hahn, violin
--with Cory Smythe, piano
Violinist Hilary Hahn's probing interpretations, technical brilliance, and commitment to new music and the commissioning process have not only made her one of the most sought-after artists of our time, but also brought her love of classical music to a diverse audience. She performs selections from her Encores Project, featuring commissioned works by composers such as Elliott Sharp, James Newton Howard, Mark Anthony Turnage, and more, all performed for the first time in Washington.
Performance Timing: Approximately 2 hours, with one intermission. Please note: the artist will announce the program order from the stage.
Program and Notes
- Violin Sonata No. 1 in A major, Op. 13
- Sonata No. 4 in F major, Op. 5
- Chaconne, from Partita No. 2 in D minor for Solo Violin, BMV 1004
- Selections from "In 27 Pieces: the Hilary Hahn Encores Project"