Washington Performing Arts Society: Markus Groh, piano
- Sat., Jun. 1, 2013, 2:00 PM
- Terrace Theater
- Approx. 2 hours
Tickets on sale nowTickets went on sale September 7, 2012 to the public
Call Kennedy Center Information or check online regularly for last-minute availability.
Hayes Piano Series
Markus Groh, piano
Sharing the same birthday with celebrated pianists Alfred Brendel and Maurizio Pollini, Markus Groh, the first-ever German winner of the prestigious Queen Elisabeth Competition, has proven himself among the finest pianists in the world. "Among the pianists laying claim to Liszt as a central figure in their repertoire, Groh's fingers and sense of comprehension set a new modern standard" (Philadelphia Inquirer). Mr. Groh's program will include works by Beethoven, Golijov, Hindemith, Liszt, and Liszt/Wagner.
Performance Timing: Part One - 53 min.; Intermission - 18 min.; Part Two - 41 min.
Program and Notes
- Partita for Keyboard No. 4 in D major, BWV 828
- Piano Sonata No. 28 in A major, Op. 101
- Piano Sonata No. 3 (1936)
- "O du mein holder Abendstern" from Tannhäuser
- Two pieces from Années de pèlerinage I: Suisse, S. 160
- No. 5: Orage (Storm) No. 9: Les Cloches de Genève (The Bells of Geneva)
- Rigoletto Paraphrase
Group of 20 or more? Group Sales offers special terms and discounts for most performances.
Tickets & Schedule
- Audio Described
- Exclusive presale to donors
- Exclusive presale to WNO Subscribers
- Exclusive presale to NSO Subscribers
- On sale to MyTix members