Washington Performing Arts Society: Louis Lortie, piano
- Fri., Apr. 11, 2014, 7:30 PM
- Terrace Theater
Tickets on sale nowTickets went on sale November 22, 2013 to the public
Call Kennedy Center Information or check online regularly for last-minute availability.
Louis Lortie, piano
French-Canadian pianist Louis Lortie has attracted critical acclaim throughout Europe, Asia, and the United States. He has extended his interpretative voice across a broad range of repertoire rather than choosing to specialize in one particular style. The London Times, describing his playing as "ever immaculate, ever imaginative", has identified the artist's "combination of total spontaneity and meditated ripeness that only great pianists have."
Performance Timing: TBA
Program and Notes
- Grande valse brillante in E-flat major, Op. 18
- Two Polonaises, Op. 26
- Polonaise in F-sharp minor, Op. 44
- Concert Paraphrase from Waltz in Gounod's Faust
- Concert Paraphrase from Verdi's Rigoletto
- Concert Paraphrase of Powder Her Face
- Three Mazurkas for Piano, Op. 21
Group of 20 or more? Group Sales offers special terms and discounts for most performances.
Tickets & Schedule
- Audio Described
- Exclusive presale to donors
- Exclusive presale to WNO Subscribers
- Exclusive presale to NSO Subscribers
- On sale to MyTix members