National Symphony Orchestra: 2011-2012 Season Preview Concert
- Wed., Jun. 29, 2011, 8:00 PM
- Concert Hall
- 65 minutes
Please use the event calendar to search for current events.
Join the NSO's new Assistant Conductor Ankush Kumar Bahl as he leads the orchestra in a concert of highlights from the upcoming 2011-2012 Season, including compositions by Haydn, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Stravinsky, and many others, and a preview of The Music of Budapest, Prague, and Vienna with works by Bartók, Dvorák, and Strauss.
Performance Timing: 65 minutes, with no intermission
Free ticket required! An in-person ticket giveaway (2 tickets per person) will be held on the day of the performance, beginning at 6 p.m. in the Hall of Nations.
Program and Notes
- Overture, The Roman Carnival, Op. 9
- "Ballet of Little Chicks in their Shells" from Pictures at an Exhibition
- orch. Maurice Ravel
- Allegro spiritoso from Symphony No. 83 in G minor, "La Poule"
- Scherzo from Symphony No. 6 in F major, Op. 68, "Pastoral"
- Storm from Symphony No. 6 in F major, Op. 68, "Pastoral"
- Finale: Andante maestoso - Allegro vivace from Symphony No. 5 in E minor, Op. 64
- Romanian Folk Dances
- Larghetto from Serenade in E major for String Orchestra, Op. 22
- STRAUSS (THE YOUNGER)
- Thunder and Lightning Polka, Op. 324
- "Flight of the Bumblebee" from The Tale of Tsar Saltan
- Selections from The Firebird