Video and Audio
The Gershwins Porgy and Bess-George Gershwin, DuBose and Dorothy Heyward and Ira Gershwin-With classics such as Summertime and Bess, You is My Woman Now, the Gershwins melded jazz, folk and blues to craft the iconic American opera.
Washington National Opera's 2010 Revival Production of The Gershwins' Porgy and Bess.
+ Show All Videos
- Hide Videos
- "Southern Md. 'Sons' Sing Lead in 'Porgy and Bess'" The Washington Post – Washington, DC (Nov. 06, 2005)
- Review "'Porgy and Bess' Second Cast Shimmers With Its Own Stars" The Washington Post" – Washington, DC (Nov. 07 2005)
- "Under Blue Skies, Thunder for 'Porgy'" The Washington Post – Washington, DC (Nov. 07, 2005)
- "The Baritone's Deeper Resonance: Gordon Hawkins Wants His Porgy to Stand Up -- and Out" The Washington Post – Washington, DC (Oct. 29, 2005)
- "'Porgy': Heaven the Whole Night Long" The Washington Post" – Washington, DC (Oct. 31, 2005)
- "A Gershwin Gala" The Washington Post – Washington DC (Nov. 03, 2005)
Compositions+ Show More Compositions
National Symphony Orchestra: Manuel López-Gómez, conductor: Liam Teague, steelpan, plays Akiho: New work for Steelpan and Orchestra
5/29/2015 - 5/30/2015
As a follow-up to their 2012 Americas Tour, the NSO presents a percussion-themed program including a world premiere for steelpan and orchestra by American composer Andy Akiho, along with works by George Gershwin, Antonio Estévez, and more.