Video and Audio
The Gershwins Porgy and Bess-George Gershwin, DuBose and Dorothy Heyward and Ira Gershwin-With classics such as Summertime and Bess, You is My Woman Now, the Gershwins melded jazz, folk and blues to craft the iconic American opera.
Washington National Opera's 2010 Revival Production of The Gershwins' Porgy and Bess.
+ Show All Videos
- Hide Videos
- "Southern Md. 'Sons' Sing Lead in 'Porgy and Bess'" The Washington Post – Washington, DC (Nov. 06, 2005)
- Review "'Porgy and Bess' Second Cast Shimmers With Its Own Stars" The Washington Post" – Washington, DC (Nov. 07 2005)
- "Under Blue Skies, Thunder for 'Porgy'" The Washington Post – Washington, DC (Nov. 07, 2005)
- "The Baritone's Deeper Resonance: Gordon Hawkins Wants His Porgy to Stand Up -- and Out" The Washington Post – Washington, DC (Oct. 29, 2005)
- "'Porgy': Heaven the Whole Night Long" The Washington Post" – Washington, DC (Oct. 31, 2005)
- "A Gershwin Gala" The Washington Post – Washington DC (Nov. 03, 2005)
Compositions+ Show More Compositions
National Symphony Orchestra: NEW MOVES: Symphony + Dance: Thomas Wilkins, conductor / From Gershwin to Ellington
5/10/2014 - 5/13/2014
This celebration's second program adds live dance to music by Duke Ellington. The NSO also performs music from Gershwin's Porgy and Bess, Barber's Souvenirs, and a concerto featuring Jauvon Gilliam, NSO principal timpani.