- Related - "3 B's: Ballet Bach, Beatles" The Washington Post - Washington, DC (May 5, 2006)
- Review - "A Stirring 'Passion' From Helmuth Rilling And the NSO" The Washington Post - Washington, DC (Apr. 15, 2006)
Compositions+ Show More Compositions
National Symphony Orchestra: Matthew Halls, conductor: Paul Jacobs, organ, plays Poulenc's Organ Concerto / Works by J.S. Bach & Mendelssohn
10/1/2014 - 10/4/2014
"Supremely gifted" (Chicago Tribune) Paul Jacobs makes his NSO debut in Poulenc's Organ Concerto. Also on the program: J.S. Bach's Prelude and Fugue plus Mendelssohn's Symphony No. 2 with singers Tamara Wilson, Twyla Robinson, and Paul Appleby.
- Washington Performing Arts presents: Ray Chen, violin, with Julio Elizalde, piano 10/9/2014 7:30 PM
- Washington Performing Arts presents: Beatrice Rana, piano 11/8/2014 2:00 PM
National Symphony Orchestra: Helmuth Rilling, conductor: All-J.S. Bach Program including the Concerto for Oboe, Violin, and Orchestra
12/4/2014 - 12/6/2014
Helmuth Rilling, an ambassador for the music of J.S. Bach worldwide, leads the composer's Concerto for Oboe, Violin, and Orchestra featuring NSO Principals Nicholas Stovall and Marissa Regni, plus two cantatas and Orchestral Suite No. 3.
- + Show All Events
Fantasy & Fate: Tchaikovsky Masterworks: Lang Lang in recital (presented by the National Symphony Orchestra)
3/7/2015 4:00 PM
International piano superstar Lang Lang, a Washington favorite, returns for a thrilling Saturday afternoon recital with Tchaikovsky's The Seasons, J.S. Bach's "Italian" Concerto, and four scherzos by Chopin.
Fortas Chamber Music Concerts: Edgar Meyer, double bass
4/8/2015 7:30 PM
A four-time Grammy winner and MacArthur "Genius," Meyer returns for a solo recital with a program that includes Bach's breathtaking Suite for Cello No. 1, BWV 1007 and a new work.
- 36th Young Concert Artists Series: Bella Hristova, violin 4/28/2015 7:30 PM
National Symphony Orchestra: Leonidas Kavakos, conductor & violin: Works by J.S. Bach, Mussorgsky, & Sibelius
5/14/2015 - 5/16/2015
Leonidas Kavakos takes the podium for Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition, orchestrated by Ravel, and Sibelius's Pelléas and Mélisande. He also showcases his solo talents in J.S. Bach's Violin Concerto No. 1.
- - Hide Events