Video and Audio
Excerpt from Mozart: Sonata for Piano 4 hands in F major, K. 497. As part of his week in residency, pianist Lang Lang gives a duo recital with mentor and friend Christoph Eschenbach of works for two pianos by Mozart and Schubert.
Excerpt from Mozart: Sonata for 2 Pianos in D major, K. 448. As part of his week in residency, pianist Lang Lang gives a duo recital with mentor and friend Christoph Eschenbach of works for two pianos by Mozart and Schubert.
+ Show All Videos
On Saturday, September 29, 2012, thousands of opera fans headed to Nationals park for FREE Opera in the Outfield, featuring Washington National Opera's production of Mozart's Don Giovanni.
- Hide Videos
- The Music of Budapest, Prague, and Vienna An Interactive Exploration of the History & Culture of Central Europe
- Review - Mozart 1, Drama 0: The Score's the Thing in 'La Clemenza' The Washington Post - Washington, DC (May 8, 2006)
- Review - "'Abduction': Taken With a Grain of Salt" The Washington Post - Washington, DC (Jan. 26, 2006)
- Related Article - "Mozart at 250: No Signs of Slowing Down" The Washington Post - Washington, DC (Jan. 22, 2006)
- Review - "From NSO, a Wagnerian Class Act" The Washington Post - Washington, DC (Jan. 13, 2006)
Compositions+ Show More Compositions
National Symphony Orchestra: Christoph Eschenbach, conductor / Nurit Bar-Josef, concertmaster, plays Mozart's Violin Concerto No. 4 / Brahms's Symphony No. 1
12/5/2013 - 12/7/2013
Maestro Eschenbach leads the NSO in Brahms's magnificent Symphony No. 1 and two classics by Mozart: the overture to Die Zauberflöte, as well as his Violin Concerto No. 4 featuring NSO concertmaster Nurit Bar-Josef.
National Symphony Orchestra: Christoph Eschenbach, conductor / Dvorák's "New World" Symphony, plus Mozart and an NSO premiere with Martin Grubinger, percussion
1/23/2014 - 1/25/2014
Eschenbach leads Dvorák's Symphony No. 9, Mozart's "Haffner" Symphony, and a recent work by Avner Dorman featuring the NSO debut of young Austrian percussionist Martin Grubinger, "a master of the high-speed chase" (New York Times).
Fortas Chamber Music Concert: The Nash Ensemble of London
4/1/2014 7:30 PM
Last heard at the Kennedy Center as part of the 2009 CrossCurrents festival, The Nash Ensemble performs one of musical literature's timeless cornerstones, Brahms's Clarinet Quintet, on a program with works by Mozart, J. Strauss, and Schoenberg.
National Symphony Orchestra: Cornelius Meister, conductor / Nikolai Lugansky, piano, plays Prokofiev
4/17/2014 - 4/19/2014
Making his NSO debut, young conductor Cornelius Meister leads Mozart's Symphony No. 40, a Mendelssohn masterpiece, and Prokofiev's Piano Concerto No. 3 featuring "colorful and exciting" (The New York Times) Russian pianist Nikolai Lugansky.
- + Show All Events
- Washington Performing Arts Society: Stefan Jackiw, violin, with Anna Polonsky, piano 5/21/2014 7:30 PM
- - Hide Events