A Few Great Reasons to Work for The Kennedy Center
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts serves both as a presidential memorial and the nation's center for the performing arts. Each year nearly 2.1 million patrons attend more than 3,200 performances on the Center's seven stages.
- Theater/Music/Dance :
- The Kennedy Center's mandate from Congress is to present and produce the finest performances from this country and abroad. It hosts world-class soloists, dance companies, ballets, orchestras, performance artists, and Broadway plays and is home to the Washington Opera and the National Symphony Orchestra. Nightly free performances on The Millennium Stage have become a unique and popular contribution to the performing arts in Washington, DC. The Kennedy Center's Education Department develops innovative and effective programs for students and teachers that have become models for communities across the country.
- The Area :
- Located on the east bank of the Potomac River in the nation's capital, The Kennedy Center has taken its place among the cultural and historical institutions which make Washington, DC unique in the US. Along with The Smithsonian Institution, The National Gallery of Art, The Capitol, and The White House, Washington, DC features Presidential Memorials, professional football, hockey, soccer, and basketball teams, four historic theaters, a thriving "off-Broadway" theater, numerous small museums and special collections, several concert venues, and such other uniquely significant landmarks as The Holocaust Museum, The National Cathedral, The Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, Frederick Douglass' home, The National Archives, and The Washington Monument.
- Work Environment :
- Words that describe the work environment include fast, fun, demanding, exciting, dynamic, diverse, energetic, friendly, challenging, team-oriented, lively, flexible, complex, interesting, and satisfying.
- The Kennedy Center staff consists of a diverse, multi-ethnic, enthusiastic group, well trained in their disciplines and dedicated to providing first-rate arts services to the city and the nation. Mutual respect is given in the Kennedy Center work environment; and individual enrichment is a frequent by-product.
- Benefits :
- Eligible full-time employees may participate in paid medical, dental, and vision plans, paid life insurance and short- and long term disability plans, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) retirement plan, annual leave, sick leave, holidays, employee assistance program, direct deposit, Metrochek, credit union services, subsidized in-house parking, and gift shop discounts.