- Select a Donation Level >
- And more...
In 1971, Congress gave the Kennedy Center a mandate to present a wide variety of classical and contemporary performances and establish programs to introduce the performing arts to children and adults nationwide.
What they did not give us is the funding to accomplish this goal. All federal money appropriated to the Kennedy Center may be used only to cover the operation and maintenance of the building as a presidential memorial.
Of course, the Kennedy Center is a living memorial, showcasing the finest performances of our time. However, ticket sales and other earned income cover only half of the Center's budget, which means we must raise more than $80 million annually to deliver the kind of excellence on the stage and in our many programs for children, teachers, aspiring artists, and underserved communities that you -- and they -- have come to expect. That's why your Membership is truly vital to our mission and financial well-being.
Your contribution can be designated to support all Kennedy Center programs, Ballet and Dance programs, the National Symphony Orchestra, or the Washington National Opera at the Kennedy Center. All contributions are tax-deductible less the fair market value of the benefits.
Please help sustain the excellence of the Kennedy Center, the National Symphony Orchestra, and the Washington National Opera. Make a contribution today!
Sustainer Membership - $60 tax-deductible
- Members-Only Ticket Priority*
- 10% Discount at the Roof Terrace Restaurant and KC Café
- Exclusive Subscription to a Members-Only newsletter, On The Aisle
- 10% Discount at the Kennedy Center Gift Shops
- Discounts on Explore the Arts Events
Contributor Membership - $80 tax-deductible
- Admittance to Members-Only Lounges in the Concert Hall, Opera House, and Eisenhower Theater
- Four $2 Parking Discount Coupons
- Invitation to a "Curtain Up" Theater Event for you and a guest
- Invitation to an NSO Working Rehearsal for you and a guest
Donor Membership - $166 tax-deductible
- Exclusive Invitation to a "Meet the Conductor" Reception for you and a guest
- Invitation for you and a guest to tour the Washington National Opera Costume Shop
- Invitation to a Ballet Working Rehearsal for you and a guest
- Additional Invitation to an NSO Working Rehearsal for you and a guest
Sponsor Membership - $414 tax-deductible
- Invitation to purchase tickets to the Kennedy Center July 4th Celebration
- Invitation to a Backstage Experience for you and a guest
- A third Invitation to an NSO Working Rehearsal for you and a guest
- Access to the Preferred Instant-Charge Ticket Service Desk
Patrons' Circle Membership - $936 tax-deductible with KC designation; $884 tax-deductible with NSO designation; $936 with WNO designation
- Admittance to Circles Lounges in the Concert Hall, Opera House, and Eisenhower Theater
- Invitation to a Cast Party with prominent guest artists for you and a guest
- Reservations for the best tables in the Roof Terrace Restaurant
- Listing in PLAYBILL®
- Invitation to a WNO Dress Rehearsal for you and a guest
- An invitation to attend nine private pre-concert Prelude Plus lectures with NSO musicians prior to NSO concerts throughout the season
- Special rates and discounts on rooms and/or dining at the Fairmont, Rosewood, Four Seasons, and Watergate hotels.
Washington National Opera Patrons' Circle Members also receive: An invitation for you and a guest to attend a second complimentary Washington National Opera dress rehearsal
National Symphony Orchestra Patrons' Circle members also receive: An invitation to attend an annual NSO Circles reception with Maestro Eschenbach or a prominent guest conductor
Golden Circle Membership
$2,502 tax-deductible with KC designation; $2,450 tax-deductible with NSO designation;
$2,394 with WNO designation
- Circles Ticket Concierge Service: Premium Orchestra seats reserved for purchase up to 48 hours before curtain
- Invitations to three additional Cast Parties for you and a guest
- An invitation to a second WNO Dress Rehearsal for you and a guest
- An invitation for you and a guest to attend a Young Artist performance and reception.
- An invitation for you and a guest to attend a third complimentary Washington National Opera dress rehearsal.
- An invitation to attend an intimate post-concert Green Room reception with NSO musicians and guest artists
- Exclusive NSO Circles Season Insights — the package offers a curatorial look at the season giving members an opportunity to learn more about the musicians, composers, and concert pieces that highlight the year through a package of select program notes
Producers' Circle Membership
$5,190 tax-deductible with KC designation; $4,982 tax-deductible with NSO designation;
$5,082 with WNO designation
- Exclusive Circles Reserved Parking (regular parking rates apply)
- Advanced invitation to the star-studded Mark Twain Prize for American Humor including the pre-performance dinner and post-performance artist reception
- Admission to two complimentary Insider Events with nationally acclaimed artists
- An invitation to a third WNO Dress Rehearsal for you and a guest
- Invitations to WNO Studio Series events: watch our productions take shape in these exclusive rehearsals
- An invitation to purchase passes for one Washington National Opera Opening Night and Cast Reception
- An invitation to a fourth WNO Dress Rehearsal for you and a guest
Chairman's Circle Membership
$11,190 tax-deductible with KC designation; $10,982 tax-deductible with NSO designation;
$11,082 with WNO designation
- An advance invitation to the Kennedy Center Honors Gala
- Your name listed in the Kennedy Center Honors Gala commemorative PLAYBILL®
- Exclusive seating priority at all Kennedy Center Benefit Events and Galas
- Invitations to all WNO Dress Rehearsals for you and a guest
- An invitation to purchase passes for a second Washington National Opera Opening Night and Cast Reception
Artists' Circle Membership
$19,190 tax-deductible with KC designation; $18,822 tax-deductible with NSO designation;
$19,082 with WNO designation
- A complimentary invitation to the Chairman's luncheon over Honors weekend for those contributors attending the Honors Gala
- An exclusive Kennedy Center backstage tour for you and a guest
- An invitation to purchase passes for a third Washington National Opera Opening Night and Cast Reception
- 2 complimentary tickets to a Classical Series concert
- An invitation for you and four guests to tour the Concert Hall backstage and the NSO library
Maestro's Circle Membership
$29,190 tax-deductible with KC designation; $28,822 tax-deductible with NSO designation;
$28848 with WNO designation
- A priority advance invitation to the Kennedy Center Honors Gala
- An invitation to a rehearsal look-in of your choice
- The opportunity to recognize your contribution with a specific performance
- An invitation to the WNO Annual Artist Dinner with the WNO Board of Directors
- An invitation to purchase passes for all Washington National Opera Opening Night and Cast Receptions
The Kennedy Center, National Symphony Orchestra, and Washington National Opera offer a number of additional giving levels and benefits to fit your interests.
For more information about these opportunities, please contact Jonathan Thomas at
Donate or Renew
Now is the perfect time to become a Member!
Your Kennedy Center Membership will keep you connected to the most exciting and anticipated theatrical, musical, dance, opera, and performance events in Washington with Members-only benefits that are truly outstanding, including the opportunity to purchase tickets before the general public through our Members-Only Ticket Priority benefit.
As a Member, you'll receive an exclusive subscription to our On the Aisle newsletter, and much more. The benefits are our way of saying "thank you" for your support. All of our benefits are designed to truly enhance your Kennedy Center experience in ways that will be useful and meaningful to you.
Circles Membership is your opportunity to play a starring role at the Center!
Not only will you receive more exclusive privileges and benefits in appreciation of your generous gift, you will also have the satisfaction of knowing that your contribution supports the Center’s wide variety of artistic and educational work both in this community and across the country. With world-class performances and high-impact education programs, our nation’s cultural center and memorial to President Kennedy provides visitors of all ages and background with an unforgettable experience.
Increasing your access to Kennedy Center programming and exclusive Circles benefits is as easy as donating online or calling the Circles office at (202) 416-8084. Gifts can be made by check, credit card, or appreciated securities, and can even be paid in monthly installments. Donate now to experience Circles for yourself!
Give the Gift of Membership
Share the benefits and privileges of Membership with family members, friends, or colleagues while supporting the artistic and education programs of the Kennedy Center, National Symphony Orchestra, or Washington National Opera.
Perfect for birthdays, holidays, or just because - - give the gift of Membership and unwrap the wonders of the performing arts.
Each recipient will receive a Membership packet, including information about Member benefits and a personalized greeting from you, the giver!
Contact our Membership office at 202-416-8310 to give the gift of Membership today!
Honorary and Memorial Gifts
Honor someone special with a gift of Kennedy Center Membership. Honorary gifts are a wonderful way to celebrate a friend, loved one, or colleague and their enthusiasm for the performing arts.
Your contribution can also be a meaningful way to remember someone who loved the Center's inspiring performances and programs during his or her lifetime.
We offer several ways for you to recognize an important person in your life while providing support for the Kennedy Center, National Symphony Orchestra, or Washington National Opera at the Kennedy Center.
Please call 202-416-8041 if you have questions, or are interested in making an honorary or memorial gift.
Charitable Estate Planning
Discover the Benefits of Giving WiselyLean More