IT'S NSO INSPIRING! Grieg's "Peer Gynt" Suite No. 1
1. What university or conservatory did you attend?
Abilene Christian University
a. Was it for music?
2. What is your favorite piece (or pieces) to play in the orchestra?
Bartók Concerto for Orchestra
3. Do you have a pre-concert ritual or routine?
I like to have a cup of coffee. I'll often have another cup during intermission. And then I wonder why I have a hard time falling asleep after concerts.
4. Describe your favorite NSO moment:
Probably the 2002 European Tour. I had just joined the orchestra and had never been on a tour like that. We traveled to many of the most amazing cities in Europe. Prague, Amsterdam, Vienna. We went to Ireland and Portugal and Slovenia. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity.
5. Did you grow up in a musical household
Yes, my parents both played instruments in school (my Mom played oboe and my Dad played trumpet) and they both sang pretty much constantly when I was growing up.
6. What did you want to be growing up?
I always wanted to be some sort of scientist or engineer. I loved to read science magazines and dreamed of creating amazing new inventions.
7. Do you have any pets?
Yes, a cat named Jazz. And my 6 year old twins, Austin and Lucy.
8. Favorite movie:
9. Favorite sports team:
My favorite sport is tennis so I'm going to have to go with all-time favorite player: Roger Federer