Teri LeeFirst Violins
NSO Pops: Pink Martini & The von Trapps / Steven Reineke, conductor
National Symphony Orchestra: Season Opening Ball Concert: Christoph Eschenbach, conductor / Steven Reineke, conductor / Joshua Bell, violin / Kelli O'Hara, vocals
National Symphony Orchestra: Matthew Halls, conductor: Paul Jacobs, organ, plays Poulenc's Organ Concerto / Works by J.S. Bach & Mendelssohn
National Symphony Orchestra: David Zinman, conductor: Angela Hewitt, piano, plays Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 22 / Works by R. Strauss & Schoenberg
The San Francisco Conservatory and the Mannes College of Music
2. What is your favorite piece (or pieces) to play in the orchestra?
Any Beethoven, Mozart, Mahler, Prokofiev. Impossible to choose...
3. Do you have a pre-concert ritual or routine?
Usually sitting in traffic!
4. Describe your favorite NSO moment:
Playing in Russia with Rostropovich in Red Square, Leningrad.
5. What are three songs or pieces you love to listen to?
Any song sung by Alison Krauss.
6. Did you grow up in a musical household?
My mother was an amateur violinist. Her parents were professionals - her father taught violin at University of Oregon and her mother was a great pianist. My father played drums in a jazz band. My paternal grandfather taught piano at the University of Oregon.
7. What did you want to be growing up?
A flute player. But we had an old violin (1/4 size) in the attic, that was my mother's, so my fate was decided!
a. When did you know you wanted to be a professional classical musician?
After music camp at age 16.
8. What is your favorite thing about living in the DC area?
It's a gorgeous city. I am from San Francisco and lived in NYC - DC is somewhere in between. We live in Reston.
9. Do you have any pets?
1 German Shepherd.
10. What is your favorite way to spend your free time?
Spend time with my husband and 3 kids. Anything outdoors. I love to hike.
11. Favorite sports team:
San Francisco 49ers
12. Name one thing people would be surprised to know about you.
I am married to NSO cellist James Lee - 28 yrs. 3 kids: 23 yrs, twins 19 yrs. I have skied all my life.