NSO Pops: An Evening with Sutton Foster / Steven Reineke, conductor
National Symphony Orchestra: Helmuth Rilling, conductor: All-J.S. Bach Program including the Concerto for Oboe, Violin, and Orchestra
NSO Pops: Happy Holidays! with Cirque de la Symphonie / Steven Reineke, conductor
National Symphony Orchestra: Handel's Messiah
Capital University Conservatory of Music (Columbus, OH)
2. What is your favorite piece (or pieces) to play in the orchestra?
Anything by Prokofiev or Brahms
3. Do you have a pre-concert ritual or routine?
The library arrives an hour prior to the concert, so we set the stage and make sure there are no last minute conductor requests/needs.
4. Describe your favorite NSO moments:
The first tour to Russia and the concert in Red Square.
5. What are three songs or pieces you love to listen to?
1. Prokofiev Romeo and Juliet ballet
2. Brahms Symphony No. 3
3. Bach St. Matthew Passion
6. Did you grow up in a musical household?
Yes. My mother was a professional pianist and organist, and my father sang in a men’s glee club
7. What did you want to be growing up? .
a. When did you know you wanted to be a professional classical musician?
By 7th grade I knew I wanted to play in an orchestra.
8. What is your favorite thing about living in the DC area?
The greenness of the area, as well as the ethnic restaurants and multitude of museums.
9. Where is your favorite DC hangout?
10. Do you have any pets?
Two cats: Necco and Squeakers
11. What is your favorite way to spend your free time?
Baking, gardening, reading
12. Favorite movie:
well, gosh, Up and Chocolate
13. Favorite book:
I have so many favorites, I will not pick one!
14. Favorite sports team:
15. Name one thing people would be surprised to know about you.
I once went on a nine week tour with a group of Franciscan monks.