Principal, The National Trustees` Chair
National Symphony Orchestra: Eschenbach conducts Haydn's "Oxford" Symphony / R. Strauss's First Horn Concerto
ESMAE (Porto University)
a. Was it for music?
2. What is your favorite piece (or pieces) to play in the orchestra?
G. Mahler and R. Strauss compositions
3. Do you have a pre-concert ritual or routine?
Always take a nap and I like to eat a proper meal before the show.
4. Describe your favorite NSO moment:
My first concert with the NSO and Maestro Eschenbach at the Kennedy Center on Der Rosenkavalier with Renée Fleming on the evening right after my audition for the job March 8, 2014. Every moment was full of music and passion and on that day I felt that my life would have a huge change!!!
5. What are three songs or pieces you love to listen to?
Frank Sinatra - "I Did It My Way"
Louis Armstrong - "What a Wonderful World"
Richard Strauss - Vier letzt Lieder
6. Did you grow up in a musical household?
Not at all
7. What did you want to be growing up?
A Ship Captain
a. When did you know you wanted to be a professional classical musician?
At the age of 14 when I left my parent's home to study music in a professional music school in another town.
8. What is your favorite thing about living in the DC area?
The ethnic diversity and the socio-cultural nature, the geographical location, the urban planning and the proximity of spots with beautiful landscapes.
9. Where is your favorite D.C. hangout?
National Symphony Orchestra
John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
2700 F Street, NW
Washington, DC 20566
P.O. Box 101510
Arlington, VA 22210