Young Soloists' Competition
High School Division
of the NSO Young Soloists’ Competition
For instrumentalists and pianists in the DC metropolitan area
Application deadline: Friday, Febuary 8, 2013
To perform as a soloist with the National Symphony Orchestra is every music student's dream, and this is the prize of the NSO Young Soloists' competition, High School Division, designed to encourage and foster the development of young performing artists in the Washington metropolitan area. In addition, one winner will be presented with a $1,000 cash award in 2013 and perform as soloist with the National Symphony in a concert in a future season. All finalists will be invited to join the student membership of the Friday Morning Music Club without audition. Winners will receive a one-year dues-free membership.
- High School Division: brochure and application (PDF)
- Application deadline: Friday, Febuary 8, 2013
- Piano Preliminaries (closed to the public): Saturday, March 2, 2013
- Instrumental Preliminaries (closed to the public): Sunday, March 3, 2013
- Finals in the Kennedy Center Concert Hall on Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 7:30 p.m. Free
David and Alice Rubenstein are the Presenting Underwriters of the NSO.
This program is made possible in part by the generous support of The Morris and Gwendolyn Cafritz Foundation, the D.C. Commission on the Arts and Humanities, and the U.S. Department of Education