...supporting the outreach programs of the NSO
Formed in 1941 by the NSOA, the Women's Committee has given its support to the orchestra through a variety of activities over the years. It has provided funding for the Principal Oboe Chair, the sixth NSO subscription week, one NSO guest conductor week annually, and one NSO Young People's Concert annually. The group also organizes and staffs music education programs for all ages and meets in six regional chapters and as a whole for business, social and musical events.
A Note from the President
Thank you for your interest in the Women's Committee for the National Symphony Orchestra! The Women’s Committee has created many wonderful programs in support of the Orchestra, and this year we are celebrating our 70th anniversary of involvement with the NSO. I’m pleased to be the new Women’s Committee president for this exciting time.
The 2011-2012 season includes many features that are anticipated to become hallmarks of Maestro Eschenbach's tenure in Washington, DC. It will not only be filled with wonderful programming, which we help to promote, but also with activities that strengthen music education for young people—activities organized and supported by the Women’s Committee.
If you have time, organizational skills to share, and/or enjoy working and socializing with interesting and dedicated volunteers, join us and help make music flourish in our community.
Click on the link below for a membership application. Explore our website or call us for more information.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Membership is open to all who share a love of music and an interest in the National Symphony Orchestra. To become a member fill out our membership application and mail it to:
The John F. Kennedy Center for Performing Arts
Washington D.C. 20566-0002
Phone (202) 416-8150
Fax (202) 416-8105
- Instrument "Petting Zoos" offer young children hands-on introduction to musical instruments of the orchestra. The WCNSO owns and maintains over 200 instruments.
- NSO Young People's Concerts, where volunteers serve as monitors at concerts presented to school-age children.
- Summer Music Institute, where we provide transportation for high school musicians from across the country who come to study with the NSO.
- NSO Welcome Center, to greet patrons and provide information about programs and events before each NSO series concert.
- Musical Playtime teaches very young children about rhythm and melody through fun activities geared to their age.