Welcome to the Kennedy Center's sixth annual Prelude, celebrating a new season of performing arts for everyone!
- Marvin Hamlisch leads two leading ladies - Wynonna and Roberta Flack - in separate concerts with the NSO.
- Underground Circus is this year's theme for our free day of fun at the Open House Arts Festival.
- Montreal's "the 7 fingers" takes circus to the next level in Traces: urban acrobatics.
- Pulitzer Prize winner Lawrence Wright presents the compelling multimedia event My Trip to Al-Qaeda.
- Allan Harris sings the songs of Nat King Cole in the KC Jazz Club.
With these and so many other events in store, Prelude is grand opening entertainment that promises to be as exhilarating as the performance season that follows. Don't miss it!
Prelude is sponsored by The J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott Foundation
Additional support is provided by Chevy Chase Bank, Mrs. Martha S. Sagon, the Monica and Hermen Greenberg Foundation, and the Kennedy Center Washington Committee on the Arts.