Brought to you by:
Learn More About Millennium Stage
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts Local Dance Commissioning Project will accept project applications for the 2013 Award between November 1, 2012 and January 18, 2013. Learn more
List of upcoming Millennium Stage performances.
Search for your favorite past performances and watch them online.
Learn about the goals and mission of the Performing Arts for Everyone initiative.
Music's rising stars from the nation's top conservatories performing in the Terrace Theater
Note: There is no free parking when attending or picking up tickets for free events.
- The Domestic Crusaders 11/14/2010
- Furia Flamenca 10/10/10
- They Might Be Giants 10/2/2010
- Ozomatli 9/15/2010
- Broadway Today & Tomorrow 2/1/2009
And More ...
The Conservatory Project is an initiative of Performing Arts for Everyone's Millennium Stage. It is a semi-annual event occurring in February and May, designed to present the best young musical artists in classical, jazz, musical theater, opera and more from our nation's leading undergraduate and graduate conservatories, colleges and universities in performance at the Kennedy Center.
The Conservatory Project creates an ongoing showcase for our nation's exceptional young talent and introduces Washington audiences to young musicians destined to have important careers.
February and April 2013 Performances
The below performances take place at 6:00 p.m. and are FREE to the public.
Please find the schedule for February and April Conservatory Project below. To watch past Conservatory Project performances, please click on the school links below.
All events will be held in the Terrace Theater
- Sunday, Feb 16 - Curtis Institute of Music
- Monday, Feb 17 - University of Michigan School of Music, Theatre & Dance
- Tuesday, Feb 18 - The Juilliard School
- Thursday, Feb 20 - Cleveland Institute of Music
- Friday, Feb 21 - The Shepherd School of Music at Rice University
- Saturday, Feb 22 - Indiana University Jacobs School of Music
- Sunday, Feb 23 - Yale School of Music
- Monday, Feb 24 - The Peabody Institute
- Tuesday, April 22 - Northwestern University Bienen School of Music
- Wednesday, April 23 - Eastman School of Music at the University of Rochester
- Thursday, April 24 - San Francisco Conservatory of Music
- Friday, April 25 - Manhattan School of Music
- Saturday, April 26 – Berklee College of Music
- Sunday, April 27 - Oberlin Conservatory of Music
- Monday, April 28 - New England Conservatory of Music
Past Seasons of the Conservatory Project
The Millennium Stage was created and underwritten by James A. Johnson and Maxine Isaacs to make the performing arts accessible to everyone in fulfillment of the Kennedy Center's mission to its community and the nation.
The Millennium Stage is brought to the public by Target Stores, with additional funding provided by
Capital One Bank, DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities, The Isadore and Bertha Gudelsky Family Foundation, Inc.,
The J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott Foundation, Jaylee M. Mead†, The Meredith Foundation,
The Morris and Gwendolyn Cafritz Foundation,
Suzy and Bob Pence, Dr. Deborah Rose and Dr. Jan A.J. Stolwijk, Thomas W. Haas Foundation,
U.S. Department of Education, and the Millennium Stage Endowment Fund.
Millennium Stage Endowment Fund - James A. Johnson and Maxine Isaacs, Fannie Mae Foundation,
James V. Kimsey, Gilbert† and Jaylee† Mead, Mortgage Bankers Association of America, Anonymous,
and other gifts to secure the future of the Millennium Stage.